However, making the case for this purchase should not be difficult given the inherent benefits derived from its installation, not the least of which is a net cost savings within months, and a boost in efficiency that will also have a positive impact on the yearly budget.
Saying Goodbye to Spreadsheets
Workforce management software is used instead of spreadsheets for forecasting and scheduling. These critical tasks can now be performed more quickly and more accurately, with data that is automatically collected and organized, rather than having to be entered manually into a spreadsheet.
With Workforce Management solution contact centers realize a high ROI by:
- Providing more accurate forecasting and scheduling to reduce agent understaffing and overstaffing
- Improving agent schedule adherence to reduce shrinkage
- Enhancing supervisor efficiency by spending more time coaching and allowing agents to use the software’s self-service scheduling features
- Reducing overtime expenses of agents by monitoring intra-day statistics and anticipating when additional agent resources will be needed
- Decreasing agent turnover by enabling agents to manage their own schedules and empowering them to improve performance by reviewing their individual metrics
Still, even with so many potential benefits, some companies simply cannot afford the significant upfront investment required by a traditional WFM solution. But with cloud-based WFM, these costs are dramatically reduced. Plus, there are no maintenance or upgrade costs later on, and no need to have an IT professional on the payroll to handle system installation or repairs. Instead, contact centers pay a monthly subscription cost, and pay only for the capacity and infrastructure they need.
How to get started
Here are a few simple steps to take to convince management that your call center can benefit from a WFM solution:
- Identify the key challenges you face in your call center. What takes up too much time? What processes are bleeding money? What is the most frustrating and easily fixable thing you can do right now to make more money for the organization?
- Gather and analyze the data that impacts your performance and demonstrate how automated WFM will improve your call center’s performance.
- Create a presentation for management that shows how you can transform the company’s call center strategy with a WFM solution.