How can you reduce turnover in a call center? First, you need to measure your turnover, and try to identify and track the reasons for the turnover. Second, you need to find ways to improve working conditions - here is a list of tips and ideas where to start :
- Hire the "right" people - make sure you understand the challenges of your customer service or call center work and select people that can best deal with it
- Engage - make agents part of the team by listening, encouraging them to make improvements, etc.
- Flexibility - Providing more flexibility in their work schedule is a great way to motivate your team
- Schedule - Use good WFM tools to create an accurate forecast and optimal schedule resulting in less overworked (and happier) agents
- Adherence - Monitor and track schedule adherence to make sure that the call load is spread "fairly". A few agents that are not in their seats, will cause a lot of "pain" to the rest of the team.
- Create a positive work environment - culture, office space, equipment, etc.