1. Use a flexible shift model
Fixed start times, lunch breaks, end times, etc. result in
- Overstaffing = higher costs!
- Understaffing = lower service levels and revenues!
Increase your service levels by 1 to 2 percent, and result in a similar percentage of savings in personnel costs
2. Track and minimize shrinkage
15 minutes shrinkage per day in a 25 agent center costs you $23,437 per year. How to improve:
- Better match call volume with agent availability through a flexible shift model
- Increase forecast and schedule accuracy by including all tasks into forecast and schedule
- Monitor and improve schedule adherence
3. Track and improve schedule adherence
Inform and educate agents:
- Agents need to understand the relevance of schedule adherence
- Explain how a mere 10 minutes impacts the entire center performance.
- Measure and track adherence using workforce management tools.
- Share adherence reports with your agents - how they are doing.
- Reward agents (95% within adherence) – recognition and/or bonus.
- Agents are aware of the consequences for out-of-adherence behavior
4. Cross train multi-skill agents
Multiple skills and use skill-based routing
- Reduce # of agents needed to handle your call volume.
- The productivity gains can be up to 10-15%.
- One group for call type A and B, and one group for C and D
- Improve by adding a group that is able to handle B and C